A Spurs Fan In Akron

Saturday, August 26, 2006

3 games and what have we learned?

Now that I've given all the teams in the Premiership a run out in my blog, it is time to focus on the team that matters to me; Spurs. First of all, what the hell was that pitiful performance in today's ownage by Everton? Up 1 man for an hour and you play like a bunch of neutered puppies out there. Unacceptable. Our only saving grace is that Arsenal lost to Man City today and are still below us in the table, albeit they have a game in hand. Why we did not attack more against The Toffees is completely beyond me and one thing has become glaring. We really needed to get Damien Duff for that left side. Our attack on the left was deplorable and it was pretty much up to Lennon to control all the wide play. There are 6 days left to find a suitable left winger so we can take that douchebag Jenas off. Every shot, every cross, every touch is pretty much crap and I could do without him to be honest. It is because of this crap left side that there is absolutely ZERO service into our boys up front. One more thing. We need Ledley King back in a big way. That middle of Davenport and Dawson is extremely underwhelming if I am a center forward. King and Dawson will give us a bit more shape back there. I really can't fault Robbo for any of the goals today, so he gets a pass.

It all boils down to this. If you would have offered us 3 points out of the 1st 3 games, I'd have told you to piss off. As it stands now, however, this is not a team that will take 4th in the league and until we get our shit together, we'll be lucky to finish top half. I won't comment on the 1st 2 games because, to be honest, we had zero chemistry against Bolton and we SHOULD have beat Sheffield, so I don't take those games into consideration in taking a long hard look at this side. This game versus Everton really made me question our attacking prowess and our overall desire to play. All credit to the Blues. They wanted it more and they got a deserved result. Tony Soprano better start calling his "connections" to get some of these guys proverbially whacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home